in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Missing inferior vena cava

Last post 12-07-2010 9:52 AM by Jennifer V. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2009 3:43 PM

Missing inferior vena cava

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone has cared for a woman or is a woman with a missing inferior vena cava?

How did the pregnancy and birth go?

Did the missing inferior vena cave present any problems for pregnancy or labor?

I am missing mine, and have been told it should present no issues for my pregancy (which it has not thus far) or labor (time will tell). 

Thank you

Jennifer V.

Filed under:
  • 12-06-2010 9:33 PM In reply to

• LisaG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-07-2010
    • Posts 1

Re: Missing inferior vena cava

Hi Jennifer, how did things go?  I am very interested as we have just found out that our 16 year old daughter is missing her vena cava.  We are very upset but encouraged by your post.

• 12-07-2010 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Missing inferior vena cava

Hello,

My pregnancy and labor both were great, I had no issues with my poor circulation during either. I did have to transfer b/c my son had his legs crossed at the knee and was breech so could not come out vaginally. 

I did and will always have to wear compression stockings, if I am not sleeping or taking a shower I wear my stockings. Did your daughters doctor say she needs to wear compression stockings?

Is it her superior or inferior vena cava missing? Was it congenital (missing since birth)? Mine has been missing since birth. I'm not sure how it could not be missing since birth but I guess it's possible.

Does she have varicose veins (visible/protruding veins) anywhere on her body? From the waist down I have varicose veins.

Thanks for replying.

Jennifer

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.