in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

OBOS: Stephen Colbert on Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Pushing Hormone Replacement Therapy

Last post 08-16-2009 5:52 AM by mybodymyself. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2009 7:09 PM

OBOS: Stephen Colbert on Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Pushing Hormone Replacement Therapy

More swooning over Stephen Colbert ensued last night when “Our Bodies Ourselves” popped up on the screen during a feature on women’s health.

Interesting.  Again it proves that messing around with this and etc is bad in the long run.  Please don't even get me started on the rest of this and etc.

• 08-15-2009 5:49 AM In reply to

Re: OBOS: Stephen Colbert on Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Pushing Hormone Replacement Therapy

Question: Does MT get as much publicity on OBOS as OBOS gets on MT?Stick out tongue

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 08-15-2009 6:12 AM In reply to

Re: OBOS: Stephen Colbert on Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Pushing Hormone Replacement Therapy

Brlnbabies:

Question: Does MT get as much publicity on OBOS as OBOS gets on MT?Stick out tongue

Susan,

What to your latest question here?

• 08-15-2009 11:40 PM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Jessica,

I think what Susan is partially joking about here (and step in Susan, if I am wrong) and it's also something that as moderators we have discussed behind the scenes, is that you refer to OBOS as a reply to most questions asked.  While OBOS is a credible source, we are trying to maintain a sense of flow and of who we are, here, on the Midwifery Today Forums. In a loving way, I think Susan was trying to tell you, as I am now, be yourself, do your own research, form an answer in your own words, be creative.  We want to hear Jessica's voice not a repetitive reference to check out 'OBOS'.

For example; Instead of just posting about OBOS being flashed on this program you could write a question/theory about HRT and get everyone chatting about that.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 08-16-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

April,

Thanx

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.