in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Size of uterus in early pregnancy

Last post 07-30-2009 12:19 PM by journyingonthepath. 23 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

Re: Size of uterus in early pregnancy

How's your peeing?  Are you peeing less than you would expect?  Do you think you could have an infection?  Do you think you could be further along than you actually are? (That may seem to be a very stupid question since you seem to be tracking everything pretty closely, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case someone lurking may be in the same boat.)

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 07-19-2009 9:37 AM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Peeing and drinking a lot.  We did check for a UTI, and the little dipstick screen they do in the office was negative for leukocytes, but I'm waiting for the results of the urinalysis from the lab.  I really don't think I have an infection, I don't really have any symptoms other than the cramping.  I was just looking at my chart again, and I had a completely normal period and definite ovulation signs exactly when I thought, with implantation about 5 days later, and a positive test 10 days later, so I'm 99.9 percent sure I'm 13 weeks.  I didn't think it was a stupid question.  Everyone's been asking me that.  :-)

RobsGirl, 31
    Wife of one fabulous guy (34)
    Mommy of 3 awesome boys, ages 11, 8, and 4, and a precious 2 year old daughter.

• 07-19-2009 11:28 AM In reply to

I hope you find an answer soon.  It's not fun being pregnant and feeling crappy.

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 07-20-2009 6:28 AM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Got my appointment moved up to today.  Still achy but feeling a little better.

RobsGirl, 31

• 07-20-2009 12:07 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Whew, its just one!!!  I'm so relieved.  I had so many things on my mind wondering if it was two.  Baby is measuring about a week bigger than my dates, but I know that doesn't mean much, although it might explain a little bit of why I'm bigger.  I guess it is just "4th baby syndrome" regarding the size AND the pelvic pain issues, because my cervix was also nice and long and closed. 

I am so relieved.  I can get on with things now.  And as my midwife said, there are so many things you can do to take care of yourself to feel better when everything is normal and fine.

RobsGirl, 31

• 07-20-2009 1:37 PM In reply to

Glad to hear your good news.  I hope it's  smooth sailing from now on.Yes

Susan

• 07-28-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

Robsgirl,

I'm glad to hear that all is well with you and your baby.  Duncan was measuring about two weeks larger than age and I have no idea how firm the dates were.  At that point I was trying not to obsess about any part of ttc.  We figured he was just big and he was.  His growth is still off the charts though, for a boy about to be 8. 

I hope you can get relaxed and enjoy the rest of the time!

A Woman Journying On The Path To Midwifery
  • 07-28-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Hi Journying,

Thanks for the kind words.  I've had one really big baby too (who is big for his age now too), so I wouldn't be surprised if this one is big in the end.  The doctor changed my due date on his records, but I'm keeping my original due date which has a lot of wiggle room (meaning: a little bit late) with the midwives.  I'll probably only see him one more time in about a month for the anatomy scan, so it shouldn't be a problem. 

It took me a few days, but I have been feeling much better.  What all of that pain was about, I have no idea.  Whatever it was, I haven't felt like that at all ever since, and I'm doing fine.  I also managed to get a free ticket with some miles I had saved up to go see my parents with my youngest for a long weekend in September to make up for the trip we missed.  A total of 4-5 hours travelling by plane (including gettting to the airport and layovers) sounds much better to me than 14 in the car.

RobsGirl, 31

• 07-30-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Robsgirl,

You are very right about not trying to go 14 hours by car.  We have done 10 hours to see my sister in Oklahoma City; not pregnat though.  I'm glad you're feeling better.  When is your due date again?  Have you picked out names?

Talk to ya later

A Woman Journying On The Path To Midwifery
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.