in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Gall bladder problems

Last post 04-21-2009 10:29 AM by Sleepysheephollowvt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2009 6:18 PM

Gall bladder problems

I'm not currently pregnant, just worried.  I want to have more, but (as some of you remember) I had wicked problems with gall bladder problems while pregnant with Gabe (my second).  The problems started when I was pg with my first, Matthew.  I had Matty in 2004 and Gabe in 2006.  I think I only had one problem in between them, but then had at least 4 flare ups while pregnant with gabe, and ended up needing IVs 2 times.  Since having Gabe, I haven't had many problems, but enough.  I've been trying to watch what I eat, which is hard because I never had a problem with anythihng I ate before...ever! But last night it hit wicked...fever and all.  Jay, my DH who is usually a gruff but loving bear, cuddled me on the bed and stroked my forehead and wanted to bring me to the hospital.  I have issues with that hospital.  I don't want to go.  My usually stong tomboy self turns into a little crying girl at the thought of surgery.  At this point, wehre there might be gall stones, is it really best to have it out?  I want to have more babies, but really don't want to risk the baby because I can't eat.  I've tried a cleanse (can't recall what it was) and it seemed to work for a bit, but then again I don't have them very often either.  And I don't know that if I did get pregnant, the cleanse would help through the entire pregnancy.  With Gabey I was only ok through 1 1/2 months, right in the middle...well, about 3 to 4 ish  months along.  Rest of hte time I could hardly eat and was most likely in the bathroom.

Any ideas?  Have any of you lovely ladies had your gall bladder out?  Known anyone that did?

I'm scared of it and it's not easy for me to admit that.  Sad

~Dev.

• 04-20-2009 6:59 PM In reply to

Re: Gall bladder problems

AWWW. I don't blame you for being scared.

Which cleanse did you do?

I personally would try that again..and do you have access to a acupucturist?

Mary

• 04-20-2009 9:51 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-30-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

The world of Gall bladders!!! Have we had issues! In March my dh went to the hospital 3 times! We have controlled it since with supplements and diet change, he lost 15 pounds in the process, is so much healthier and is HAPPY!

You get stones from being unable to properly break down fats, high fat diets are horrid.

My dh takes High Potency HCL and Lecithin before every meal/snack and a vitamin C everyday. He has cut his portions. Before he would eat 3-4 greasy plain hamburgers (meat/bun), now he eats ONE and the meat is very low in fat. He cut out soda, and energy drinks. He drinks tons of water, and he's looking and feeling great.

From what my dh researched, he would never take the gall bladder out because it is a rather important bile storage chamber which breaks down extra fats in the digestive system on demand, without the gall bladder...the digestive system cannot properly function and leads to a greater chance in Cancer.

This is all off the top of my head, my dh is the knowledgable one. We went to the Vitamin Shop for the supplements, they were great and printed us up a sheet.

Anywhooooo, hope that helps (((hugs)))

• 04-21-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

Thanks for the good info, I also know of more than one person...who had it removed...only to find they were still in pain!

Mary

• 04-21-2009 10:29 AM In reply to

Thanks for the info!  I try to eat non fatty foods as much as possible.  I never drink soda (well, unless I'm sick...ginger ale and root beer work wonders).  I will llook up those supplements.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.