in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Looking for Midwife to come to Udaipur, India

Last post 05-13-2009 12:50 AM by Mia. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2009 7:04 AM

Looking for Midwife to come to Udaipur, India

My wife and I are looking for a midwife to come to our home in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India to assist us with a home birth. 

India is a place now where they have factory births in hospitals (if the baby is not delivered after four hours they do a cesarean). 

The Daimas/Doulas here have no medical knowledge and are treated like witches and so they could not come with us to a hospital if needed.

For the birth we are looking for an experienced midwife, who can check upon the baby's heart rate, assist if needed and make an informed decision if necessary to go to the hospital. We have a backup with the local private hospital and told them how they should treat us if we need to come to the hospital.

We would pay for traveling expenses, accommodation and the midwife service.

The due date of the baby is the 4th of June 2009. My wife is 31 years old, a pre natal yoga teacher, it's her first pregnancy and so far the pregnancy has gone very well.

• 04-11-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Looking for Midwife to come to Udaipur, India

I just replied to your email :)

Jesus was born unassisted!
  • 05-12-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

Have you already found a midwife to come and assist you with your birth?

If not, let me know. I am an American married to an Indian, so I am very familiar with travelling to India and the culture there.

I am a Certified Professional Midwife having attended over 200 births including having delivered my own baby naturally/normally.

This is pretty short notice that I am replying, but I just saw the ad and had to reply. I love Udaipur and any excuse to visit is good enough for me, especially to help a family wanting a Natural Homebirth. I am aware of the situation in India and commend you for doing what it takes to give your wife the environment she needs.

If you have not already found a midwife, let me know. It's last minute, but something could be worked out if needed.

feel free to private message me

• 05-12-2009 7:31 PM In reply to

It may be a good idea to reply directly to this family.  It doesn't look like this post has been attended to much by the o.p. so perhaps sending him a private email would be best.  Thanks for understanding! Yes Cool

Brlnbabies, Moderator

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 05-13-2009 12:50 AM In reply to

• Mia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-13-2009
    • Posts 1

Namaste,

maybe it could be an idea to contact the midwives from the birthing center in Goa http://www.birthing-center.com/birthingcenter.htm

Good luck!

Mia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.