in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Advice For Becoming A Midwife

Last post 02-04-2014 10:56 AM by hannahe. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2014 10:56 AM

Advice For Becoming A Midwife

I am a bit confused about which path would be the best and most affordable for me to become a midwife. I have an undergraduate degree in Fine Arts with a Minor in Anthropology(still have debt from this degree) and a Masters Of Science in Education. No Nursing Degree, missing math requirements, anatomy, microbiology, organic chemistry to get an accelerated nursing degree. I currently own a yoga studio and have studied anatomy from that perspective. I live in New York State so would think that perhaps doing the nursing requirements in some sort of accelerated program based here would be the most affordable, in state tuition. I am also ready to  leave after being in Brooklyn for ten years. I am interested in programs that incorpoate working with woman in public service or internationally, I started a Doula Projective here where I and other memebers of the collective attend birth for woman who are living in a womans shelter.

Phew. I am eager to start working on this path. Wisdom. Encouragement. Thank You!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.