in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Apprenticeship Opportunity in Texas

Last post 08-31-2013 2:40 PM by mgmidwife. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2013 2:40 PM

Apprenticeship Opportunity in Texas

Hello aspiring Midwives!

I have an opening in my birthing center and home birth practice in Texas for a dedicated Apprentice. 

Students so often face a real struggle to find an apprenticehip - especially one where they will thrive under their teacher(s) and learn all they need to know (and more), arrive at the NARM exam, pass with flying colors, and set up their own practice easily - serving the women of their community in an exemplary fashion.

I have been training apprentices for 16 years now and the 31 who have completed their training and gone on to work will attest to my approach, dedication to their needs, and their happy days while with me.  Some of these students came to me partially experienced but many of them came completely "green."  There have also been 18 others who didn't complete their training for one reason or another.

We are located 45 minutes west of downtown Fort Worth and offer the best of a large community of local Midwives and the peace and quiet of a semi-rural location for us in particular.  We offer two dedicated teaching Midwives and an average of 4 to 5 births per month. 

If anyone of you is able to relocate for the aprrenticeship of your dreams then please check us out!  We have a really great setup here including on-site housing for unmarried, single students. 

We need a full team (2 Apprentices) to continue providing the fabulous care that our clients are accustomed to.  The running of tghe birth center and also attending home births over a 100 mile radius is quite a feat and we are in a growth mode now.  our new student will be part of something quite exciting.

I can be reached at 972-896-8841 if you have questions or would like to chat.

Blessings to all of you students and to all the Midwives who are doing a great job of training them.

Molly Germash, LM, CPM

Heart's Desire Midwifery Care.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.