in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Amazing breech VBAC

Last post 03-29-2013 9:08 AM by midwifea. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2013 3:15 PM

Amazing breech VBAC

I attended a birth for a VBAC mama. She had intended for a hosp. birth, but when baby turned breech & refused to be turned back, like her 1st had done, the doc wanted to perform surgery again. She said no way! Found another midwife & me to attend her at home, & had a wonderful birth! She was very low risk, in fact a scarred uterus was her ONLY risk factor. She was a strong bodied, strong minded, woman who had done her "homework" & knew what her risks were, both at home & in the hospital. When I arrived, she absolutely blew me away with her gorgeous, powerful, birth dance/song! She swayed and sang out beautifully with each ctx.  As she got into 2nd stage, she started squatting with each ctx. Then, as she squatted, the rump came out & sat on the floor. As the ctx ended, she stood up, the baby stayed, sitting there on the floor. (There were towels & chux on the floor, of course!) just like a smooth, beautiful choreographed dance. I aways did like to call God my Great Choreographer!

• 03-08-2013 10:52 PM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: Amazing breech VBAC

Amazing Marlene, I LOVE that story.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 03-11-2013 7:31 AM In reply to

Thanks, April. It was an amazing birth. I just wish we had a video (or at least pictures, but video would be best) Words can't describe what a beautifully flowing graceful dance that birth was!

• 03-18-2013 10:14 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

I still keep seeing this mama in my head dancing and squatting to push.  Then, I imagine the baby sitting there, like a buddah as his mama stands up.  I have already told this story a few times to women.  Thanks for sharing it, Marlene..

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

Or wise man can decide
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 03-29-2013 8:58 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, I just had my 1st breech transport yesterday. Very sad. She so didn't want to transport, which of course ended in a C/S but after many hours trying not to push as the butt came throught a 9cm cx, she was complete & pushed for 3 hrs, before we convinced her the wisdom of a transport. As morning turned to afternoon, I kept hearing Michel Odent in my head; "Zee breech, it haz to be straightforward. You should not make it artificially too eezee. Eh? Eet haz to be straightforward!"  The longer it took, the more those words echoed, louder & louder in my ear. Not sure, but I think it was a good call. I would have loved her to be able to do it at home, I'm sure she could have, just not sure the baby could have.

• 03-29-2013 9:08 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Eet was zee best zing to do Marlene.  Some times I hear his voice at a birth too!

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

Or wise man can decide
    — Shel Silverstein