in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

NFP while breastfeeding

Last post 08-21-2012 8:47 PM by azores. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2012 10:11 PM

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

NFP while breastfeeding

Hello beautiful ladies, it has been a long time! Hope everyone is doing well, I miss MT! 

Onto my question.

My menses have returned as of a year ago, though I haven't noticed any cervical fluid indicating I'm ovulating. I'm nursing frequently, even through the night. The fact my period is regular is surprising to me since in past years my flow didn't return until breastfeeding became infrequent. So is it possible I'm not ovulating? 

Thank you!

• 08-19-2012 9:28 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: NFP while breastfeeding

Hi Azores!!  How old is baby now?  If you are cycling,it's possible you aren't but assume you are ovulating!!!   Are you taking you temp.?.  How's the family?

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 08-21-2012 8:47 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

Re: NFP while breastfeeding

Aloha April! :D Sophia turns 2 next month, I have 4 now! Two boys, two girls. My temp fluctuates so much through the month I'm not sure it's reliable, so I haven't taken it seriously... should I try? I'm trying to figure out bc, because I know I'll just keep getting pregnant the way we've been going. I considered Essure which is fast, non surgical, permanent bc... but I'm not so sure about it. Any advice? I have two packs of Lo Loestrin FE  to sample, but... also read the unappealing side effects. Should I just go for the copper iud? In the meantime I'm guessing I'm not ovulating, though I menstruate monthly... is that really possible? How are things with you? How's the restaurant? Is hubby still making awesome furniture?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.