in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Doula Seeking Bay Area Midwife for Apprenticeship

Last post 11-27-2011 1:23 PM by onika. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2011 1:23 PM

• onika
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-27-2011
    • Posts 1

Doula Seeking Bay Area Midwife for Apprenticeship

Hi,
    my name is onika and I got my public health undergrad degree from cal in 07' worked in L&D as a Group B. strep researcher and fell in love with childbirth, and subsequently I was trained in summer 09' as a doula and lamaze instructor with DONA in mumbai india. I started columbia university's ETP (accelerated nursing bachelors and masters midwifery program) summer 10'. I was intimidated by the high cost of the program when my 3 month summer bill came to 33k and the NY midwives and professors discussed the realities of being a hospital midwife on the e.coast. They said it was best for those hoping to practice in california to go there. I packed up for a move back to the bay area in march, and have been in touch with doula networks here since. I have had great doula mentors in NYC, but i really need to know if the CNM route is for me because I didn't get the feeling that I would get any homebirth training at columbia and want to be confident doing them because I intend on one day doing traditional births in 3rd world countries. What I propose is that I offer you my services as an assistant/apprentice so that i can learn informally and build confidence in this career. We can work out the details of the arrangement if you are interested. 

Thank you for your consideration,
    Onika

onika@naturalbirthguru.com

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.