in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

spirits at birth

Last post 07-15-2011 2:33 PM by Brlnbabies. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2011 11:13 PM

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

spirits at birth

Any one else get visuals or perception of spirits at births?  This has happened a few times over the years to me but this year I've had it happen several times already.  Does this happen frequently to any other midwives?  They are always friendly spirits and family members readily recognize who I describe but it's definitely happening more these days.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 07-14-2011 11:18 AM In reply to

• Aubre
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2009
    • Posts 75

Re: spirits at birth

So glad to hear this brought up.  I often "feel" spirits at births and sometimes get images.  For example, when I had a Mama with placenta incretta, at 30 minutes post birth(before I knew it was an incretta), when I was deciding what to do and was gonna have her try to squat the placenta out....I suddenly had a very strong vision of an angry red fist.  Right then I decided we should go the hospital immediately...which turned out to be the best decision.  I think that birth is a time when a gateway to other "worlds" can be very flexible and when we are open to it we can tap into those energies.

Aubre Tompkins, CNM
    Wishing you Shade and Sweetwater
    http://www.midwifeyearone.blogspot.com
  • 07-15-2011 9:01 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Well, at a recent birth I was given a full show!!  It was 2 am ish and I had already seen a couple 'whooshes' of energy, so to speak, in  my peripheral view.  I then was standing at the stove checking on a big pot of water to add to the tub and when i turned around there was a man sitting on the couch facing me.  He was not threatening at all but he definitely wanted me to see him.  He was calm and I took in all his details,  He made eye contact with me for a few seconds then he faded, nodding at me.  We were birthing at papa's grandparent's house, that they had built themselves, an old coffee farm in the mountains.  When I asked about spirits, both papa and mama said, oh, who did you see?  It was grandpa, down to his clothes that he wore all the time.  I had not even seen a photo of him but when they showed me one afterwords, it was him.   His energy wanted me to know he was connecting with that birth.  It was unlike anything else I have experienced at births.  Usually I just get images or thoughts. Trippy but I love this stuff.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 07-15-2011 2:33 PM In reply to

I attended my neighbor's first two hospital births and during the second one I thought I saw a woman sitting over by the baby warmer when mama was pushing but when I turned again she was gone.  After the birth, one of the nurses asked me, "Who was the woman over by the warmer?  I turned around and she was gone."  The mama overheard this and started crying and said, "Did you see her?  Did you see her?  That was my mother."  Her mother had died when she was about 13.  She (the birthing mama) thought she was hallucinating because she'd been up for so many hours. The three of us had seen her mother and she was as real as if any other live human being was in the room.  I will never forget that.  I had the willies for weeks. I was glad her mother was there but it was still a little strange for sure.

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.