in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Hello from Jersey! Any others becoming a CNM?

Last post 05-31-2009 6:12 PM by journyingonthepath. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2009 6:05 AM In reply to

Re: Hello from Jersey! Any others becoming a CNM?

Thanks Aubre!

~ Lamaze CBE ~ CNM student ~
  • 02-18-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

Congratulations!

•  

• 02-19-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

Thanks Kaceface!

~ Lamaze CBE ~ CNM student ~
  • 04-02-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

• mcsale
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-03-2009
    • Colorado Springs
    • Posts 2

Aubre:
    I am also blessed to be working as an RN at the one and only free standing birth center in my state of Colorado.  And, oh yeah, I am a wife and mother to three little (although not really little anymore) ones.  I will be doing clinicals in the hospital and at the birth center, Mountain Midwifery. 

Wow! This really caught my eye... you were the nurse working with Nancy at the birthing center when my dd2 was born. Such sweet memories... it was my experiance at Mountain Midwifery that has helped nudge me towards midwifery. And I too am pursuing a career as a CNM. I would pursue a CPM, but being that not every state allows CPM's to birth and only God knows where we'll end up I've chosen the CNM route. Currently, I am looking at Frontier.  

And BTW, you are a fabulous nurse, and I think you make an even more fabulous CNM!

• 05-31-2009 6:12 PM In reply to

Hi From New Mexico!

I plan to become a CNM but I'm still just working on getting into a BSN program.  I work 3/4 time at my local school district and take two classes a semester.  While the CNM route is strict, I'm thinking about apprenticing after getting the CNM to get a more traditional feel for things.  I'm not fully versed on current NM law but, CNM's and homebirth midwives do practice here.  Of course, the plans we make could be changed by things out of our control.

Best wishes on your journey!

A Woman Journying On The Path To Midwifery
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.