in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

watherbirth and ms

Last post 06-10-2011 12:08 PM by sagefamme.mojca. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2011 12:08 PM

watherbirth and ms

Hi, I'm a student of midwifery in Slovenia and I've had a beautiful experiance when I deliverd my son Lovro in water.

Now my good friend is 6 weeks pregnant. I've told her of my experiance and now she wants to have a waterbirth. She was diagnosed with ms(multiple sclerosis) about 6 months ago. Her doctor and ginekologist told her that is best for her to deliver in a hospital, to recieve a lot of drugs, vitamins etc. during birt and after and to stop breastfiding as soon as posibble. But 6 months is the maximum time they gave her for brestfiding. Now I would like to know how is careing for a pregnant women with ms done in other countries(midewife or doctors), can they deliver withouth drugs, can she have her baby in a midwife center and if she can have a waterbirth? Is a pregnant women having ms treated as a high risk or a low risk factor for hole pregnancy and delivery? If here is anyone with any experiance or knowledge about that, I would be very grateful for every information I can get.

Thank you for helping!

Mojca

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.