in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Intro - Looking for preceptor west of Eugene

Last post 06-01-2011 2:06 PM by Generations. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2011 2:06 PM

Intro - Looking for preceptor west of Eugene

Greetings! I'm Terri and I live in Mapleton, OR. I have extensive home birth experience... as a birthing mom, but now I'm looking to begin my journey in midwifery.

I am 45 years old, mother of 7 (6 born at home) and grandmother to one homebirthed little boy. I have a law degree but occupy myself with home making and home educating my children.

On the academic side, I have designed my own course of study, reading and studying midwifery text s(Anne Frye) and other books on birth. I am looking for a preceptor who has clients within an hour of where I live. This would include Eugene, although I'm not willing to travel to Eugene more than 2 or 3 times per month. So I'm not looking for the speed route to my own practice, I'm willing to take several years to get my skills built up. Eventually I would like to practice in the western part of Lane county, out to Florence and perhaps as far south as Reedsport and as far north as Yachats. There is a blank spot out here, as far as midwives go, and I want to meet that need.

I will bring maturity, life experience and a deep trust in birth with me to each contact with your clients. If you are a midwife looking for someone with a cool head, a tender heart, someone who is dependable and won't flake out on you, and you don't need her to be with you several days a week but more like several days per month, I may be the apprentice for you! Also, my 18 year old daughter is also seeking to apprentice, and we would love to do our work together. Realizing that  a midwife and two apprentices might be a bit much at some births, it might be just what is needed at others!

If you think we could work together, please contact me at terriundercover@yahoo.com so we can talk about expectations and such.

Terri, owner of Generations - Services for Growing Families. Offering doula services, child birth education, fertility counseling, breastfeeding support, lending library, and a helping hand home birth services.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.