in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

Experience Valley Childbirth Ad Campaign

Last post 05-31-2011 5:53 PM by mybodymyself. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2011 10:20 AM

Passing this along to you guys because I want to know your thoughts on this.  Have to say that I'm still torn on this.  Especially, I'm no longer volunteering in that area of the hospital because they got rid of everything that I did while I was there.  Also, haven't been up ever since then, but do see some people from up there in another parts of the hospital.  They have asked me why I'm no longer there and of course I explained why.  Have to say that its somewhat of relief to no longer be up there, but still miss it.

• 04-03-2011 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: Experience Valley Childbirth Ad Campaign

Well, it's a typical hospital ad campaign to me.  I thought it was interesting that a nurse (midwife? can't remember) touted their high  breastfeeding rates but they only showed bottle-feeding babies with pacifiers.  Also, they went on and on about being holistic but the babies looked lined up as in a nursery. ??  But you can't beat that lavender massage oil!

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 04-03-2011 2:21 PM In reply to

Susan,

Thanx for moving this from the area that I thought was more apporiate to the one that is. 

Brlnbabies:

Well, it's a typical hospital ad campaign to me.  I thought it was interesting that a nurse (midwife? can't remember) touted their high  breastfeeding rates but they only showed bottle-feeding babies with pacifiers.  Also, they went on and on about being holistic but the babies looked lined up as in a nursery. ??  But you can't beat that lavender massage oil!

Yeah to what you said here and thats what exactly was my orginal thought was as well.  Don't worry I forgot whom said that as well.  Trust me it happen while I was there, in the past, and future as well.  Unless if someone or something comes along and changes it for the good.

• 05-31-2011 5:53 PM In reply to

Can't believe what I saw and read while doing search on this thread. Mainly, wanted to see if anyone has bought up via forums, it appears it hasn't really been bought up. Which I'm not surprised about of course. Even though this thread was typical of course, but still was somewhat surprising. Basically, I thought that it swifting gears, but guessed I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, the poster wanted info pertaining one particular OB/GYN practice and the responses were pretty much. At the same time there a couple of them from posters whom were high risk. Of course they put their and their babies lives in their doctors hands as suppose the other way around. In which I think they should have trusted themselves and their babies before their doctors or anyone else whom they trust as well. Just wish that the original poster would realize that she trust herself instead of trusting others and etc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.