in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Skincare Regime/s

Last post 06-28-2011 9:34 PM by StrongMomma. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2011 4:19 PM

Skincare Regime/s

Do you believe that twice daily skincare routine is improves your skin vs once daily one? Always wanted to know about this, but never asked. Recently switched from once daily skincare routine to twice daily skincare routine. Also, switched my skincare line because I felt my previous line wasn't working anymore. Even though both lines are from the same company.

• 03-31-2011 9:18 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: Skincare Regime/s

Jesica,

More important for your skin is your diet and water intake, and also your emotional outlook,  Be happy and your skin reflects this. What are you trying to achieve with these products?

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 03-31-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

April,

Thanx for your response to my thread and never thought of it that way before.  Unsure what I'm trying achieve by using these products.  Besides maintining healthy skin.  Don't worry I'm not using a drugstore brand, but more like natural brand then anything else.

• 03-31-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

I don't think that any "skincare regime" is going to make a bit of difference in the long run.

Just wash the dirt off your face (use a mild soap), use sunscreen, and eat healthily. If you get acne, try experimenting with your diet - i.e. cutting out dairy. If your skin gets dry, moisturize it, and if it tends to get oilier, blot the oil off (if you wash it too much your body responds by producing more oil).

The people I know who have the healthiest looking skin also have the healthiest lifestyles. The people I know who have the least healthy looking skin live a sedentary lifestyle and live off fast food.

Personally I wash my face when I remember to do so, like when I take a shower. I have pretty healthy skin and eat mostly vegetables and drink a lot of water, so that's probably what does it.

• 03-31-2011 4:58 PM In reply to

Sadie,

Thanx for your response to my thread here and interesting.

• 03-31-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

I forgot to mention that I don't wear makeup. I'm sure that that would be a reason to have a skincare regime, at least so you don't end up with clogged pores.

• 03-31-2011 5:45 PM In reply to

Sadie,

Same here regarding wearing no makeup.  Have to say that I'm just used having a skincare regime at this point.  Even though the line that I used is pretty much from all natural company.  Don't have any plans of discontinuing it at the moment, but that may change at some point in the future for some reason other.

• 04-02-2011 9:45 AM In reply to

Well, I'm very girly girly girly.  I'm guilty of not drinking tons of water.  I've actually heard from several dermatologists that water doesn't do much at all for your skin unless you're severely dehydrated.  I know that may not be the belief held by many others, however.  I wash my face 2x/day and I always use toner and moisturizer--a day one and a night one.  I never ever leave the house w/o full makeup.  Ever.  Tried "natural makeup" and hated it.  Tired Andrew Weil's line and hated it.  I'm all about Estee Lauder--the entire line.  And to add fuel to the fire, I "dress" for births. :)  So I'm the different one ... the "other moderator".  And I went to Woodstock.  HA!  Love all of you--with or without makeup and/or a skin care regime.

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 04-02-2011 9:52 AM In reply to

Susan,

Thanx for your response to my thread here.  Have to say that I'm somewhat like you in a way.

• 04-02-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

Yes

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 04-04-2011 8:41 PM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Yes my skin care regime is more laxed, wash face in the shower with a japanese washcloth, and splash h20 on once in a while. If you go in the ocean many times a week,  you won't wear much makeup either,  once in a while I wear mascara and have to take that off with aloe vera.  I'll moisturize to get a little sunscreen and sometimes wear some mineral powder to even out my skin tones.  I drink water all day long.  People think I look 40 at 54 and have not had a prick of 'work' done.  Good genes are important but so is fresh air, exorsize, good sex, and water, in you and on you.

P.S.

BTW Susan,

Estee Lauder????  I don't think that's girly, that's ancient southern woman!!!  The 'other, other moderator' thinks she must have missed your 75 th birthday and offers her belated good wishes!! 

(you know i am just razzzing you right?)

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

Or wise man can decide
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 04-05-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

April,

I'm with you on what you said about your skincare.  Have since decided to go back doing my skincare regime instead of two day.  Since I never makeup anyway and etc.

• 05-06-2011 3:29 AM In reply to

I just saw my esteemed co-moderator's post.  I've been wearing EL since I was in my 30s and no, definitely not an ol' southern belle ... simply a transplanted yankee for the past 35 years.  ;)  I'm off to go to the hospital ... all dolled up complete with my EL makeup on!

Susan

• 05-06-2011 9:06 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

I was wondering if you were going to comment on that!!  Love ya.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

Or wise man can decide
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 05-07-2011 7:15 AM In reply to

Slow on the uptake these days. Geeked

Susan

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.