in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

A long year without MT

Last post 05-15-2009 10:54 PM by azores. 102 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-30-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

Re: A long year without MT

OMG :D its Worstfriend LOL!!! I'll come back after the hysterical laughter, wow this is too good!

Ok, I'm back! HOW are you doing???????? UPDATE US NOW! :)

• 02-19-2009 2:02 AM In reply to

Well i'm still pretty dim because i started a catch-up thread then found the already begun one!  LOL. Here's an edited version of what i wrote there - DD is demanding "more more oats"...

So, as you remember, i'm Beccy.  I'm in Scotland in the UK, i still only have one daughter who is 3 in a few months (where did my BABY go!?).  DD's dad and i split when she was 8 weeks old but we remain good friends and he sees her plenty and is involved.  I have been together with DP since a few months after my split from XP, and we recently moved in together, the 3 of us.  So far it has been great :)  We're considering ttc this summer, and i am emailing with what seems to be a wonderful independant midwife about the possibility of having her attend my next birth.

I continue to be saddended, angered and exasperated by the misinformation and lack of information available to women about their options during pregnancy and birth, and am irritated by a system that uses fear to improve their staffing situations (i.e. telling a woman she can't homebirth because the baby will die simply because it will be hard to lose the midwives off the ward for her birth).  A student midwife visited me today with the health visitor who came to see DD as we've just moved to this area.  The student told me that i was lucky DD didn't die as the stillbirth risk is "so so high" after EDD+10 and the HV told me that ALL children without exception have full sphincter and bladder control by 24 months so she should be toilet trained by now.  Also that i cannot possibly provide the input a nursery could for her to "REALLY learn", meanwhile DD is counting "55, 56, 57, 58...." in the background. 

I believe in birth.  I believe in choice.  I believe in women.

Ah...  It's good to be back.

Me 32, DH 41, DD 2006, DD 2010, DS 2013
  • 02-19-2009 8:15 PM In reply to

HELLO!!!!! Good to see you Margie!

Mary 

• 02-21-2009 10:04 PM In reply to

rodsgirl called me a sweet young womanBig Smile made my night!!! yea cass myspaced me to tell me that MT was back up ..  I was shocked!!!! so glad to hear the birth went so well robsgirl.. i thought of u on and off this year.. i remember how long u ttc and then the birth finally happened and then BAM we miss little ones first few months.. i did hope it was a happy babymoon!

its just so wonderful to hear so much life in the room.. so many great things happening!

A womans heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek him in order to find her.
    ~Unknown
  • 02-23-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Hi Christina,

You definately are a sweet young woman!!  We had a great babymoon.  My husband shielded me from everything except taking care of myself and baby for two weeks straight.  Friends and loved ones brought in food every day for those two weeks as well.  We were completely overrun with leftovers. I was a little weak and emotional those first weeks, but I really think that was because I hemorrhaged and hadn't built my blood back up yet.  By 7 weeks I was feeling much more normal and able to get through a day without having an afternoon cry (from exhaustion).  My little guy also started sleeping a little bit more then, so I was getting more rest.  He was fussy and colicky the first couple of months from some reflux he had, and that was challenging, but he also got past that.  I wore him a lot in a sling, which was/is a great thing.  Its like getting two extra hands.  Wink  He really has such a great disposition.  We're so glad he's part of our family.

RobsGirl, 31
    Wife of one fabulous guy (34)
    Mommy of 3 awesome boys, ages 11, 8, and 4, and a precious 2 year old daughter.

• 02-23-2009 10:37 PM In reply to

hello everyone.   Great to be able to hear from the forum folks.  I missed you all terribly.  Lots of change this year.  I am not doing homebirths anymore.  My dh has been poorly and had to have his leg off[bad diabetic] I am still just as sassy,opinionated,and mouthy as ever.  You are so yonng and in the warm summer of life.  Don't forget to enjoy it.  [Also still given to fits of long drawn out but well meaning writing]Have heard from azores through the time.  Worst friend,Good to hear you are ok.  I didn't know you were in Scotland.  I was there visiting my cousin this fall,could have come to see you.AND doesn't it get hard to listen to the drivel of they-of them who know all? Remember only about 4% of the people of earth have a lick of sence,the rest are sheep!  baa-baa.  Doula mary,Rob's girl,April,christina and all the rest.  hello,hello

Claudia

claudia

Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Robert A Heinlein
  • 02-24-2009 5:01 AM In reply to

Yay!  Claudia's back!!

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 02-24-2009 5:44 AM In reply to

AH Claudia I missed ya, so sorry to hear about your DH...also sorry to hear you are no longer attending births...boo hoo!

GLad to see you still have your humor and wisdom...

Mary

• 02-24-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Aloha Claudia,

Your wit  and insight I have missed. 

As they say, the gang's all here, let's get the party started

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 02-24-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-30-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

Hey Claudia!!

Hey where is Waterbaby and the rest of the group....hmmm, hope they come back soon!

• 02-24-2009 3:52 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Oh yeah!!  Waterbaby, where is she?  I also remember a woman, a doula who lived in California.  She then moved to another West Coast state (maybe Oregon or Washington) and was setting up a doula practice there.  She was itching to start TTC and had planned to start trying in Jan 08, when, of course, the forums went down.  I was looking forward to hearing her announcement and keep tabs during her pregnancy, but that didn't happen.  Does she ring a bell for anyone?  I can't remember her name or her screenname.

EDIT:  I THINK her name might have been Megan???  Now I'm thinking it was Emily.

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-26-2009 10:07 AM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Yahoo, I tracked Emily down (remember eadunne???) and she's back.  She posted over in the other catch up forum in parenting. 

BTW, is Meg the midwife  the same as our previous  mwmegan ????

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-26-2009 10:20 AM In reply to

Good JOB!

YAY!

Now we have to locate "waterbaby"

Mary

• 02-26-2009 10:37 AM In reply to

ps....I'm a facebook virgin...true story, but I found a Dawn Duke..on FB maybe it is her!

• 02-26-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

Sounds like you are no longer a Facebook Virgin, Doula Mary!  (Here I go again:  Facebook Virgin would be a good name for a rock group.)  My virginity is still intact as far as Facebook or any of those places go.  That's for you young'uns.Wink

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
Page 3 of 7 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.