in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

A long year without MT

Last post 05-15-2009 10:54 PM by azores. 102 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2009 9:36 PM

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

A long year without MT

Hello everyone!

It's good to be back on MT forums, I had lost hope lol :) I treasured our previous community & look forward to reconnecting and meeting new members. I hope the archives, were salvageable if possible. The old MT forums were a special place for myself and many others, I look forward to rebuilding.

Warmly, Cassandra

Big Smile

• 02-03-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: A long year without MT

Hello Cass, I missed this place too, but mostly I missed the wonderful ladies here! YIPPEE!

• 02-04-2009 6:32 AM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Hi Mary, Azores, everyone!!

It has been a long year without MT.  I'm so glad its back up and running better than ever.  I'm also dearly hoping the archives will be accessible.  There was so much great information that I drew upon frequently, and friends I completely lost touch with.  Hope we can all catch up.

Robs

RobsGirl, 31
    Wife of one fabulous guy (34)
    Mommy of 3 awesome boys, ages 11, 8, and 4, and a precious 2 year old daughter.

• 02-04-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

RobsGirl:

Hi Mary, Azores, everyone!!

It has been a long year without MT.  I'm so glad its back up and runner better than ever.  I'm also dearly hoping the archives will be accessible.  There was so much great information that I drew upon frequently, and friends I completely lost touch with.  Hope we can all catch up.

Robs

HELLO, you have another baby!?

• 02-04-2009 12:20 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Yes!!  He was born a week or so before the forums went down...at home with a midwife.  :-)  It was grand!!  I feel like a different person than I was a year or two ago.  So much has changed.  Oh, and we're going for one more soon.

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-04-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

Congrats! WOW!

I'm very happy for you.

Mary

• 02-07-2009 12:31 AM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

Congratulations Robsgirl!!!!!! How long have you been ttc?

Hehehe we want a fourth one too LOL! Who would have ever saw that one coming, after being so dead set against a third!

But we bought a house now, & we're a trillion times happier in our relationship.

• 02-07-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

My goodness, what changes in people and circumstances can come in a year's time.  I said it already, but I feel like a different person than I was a year or two ago.  Maybe it's that late twenties time of self-discovery I hear is so common.  :-)

Thanks.   Yes, we're pretty determined to have another one.  I'd love my little guy to have a playmate, and soon.  The older two are very close (not so much in age, but in how they interact), and I can see him falling behind a bit--three's a crowd kind of thing.  But that's not the only reason.  There are so many.  We just feel like 4 would be great.  Its so funny, reasons for having more children or not are so subjective and personal.  For every 1 reason I might give for wanting another, someone else would have 5 more perfectly legit ones for NOT wanting another.  I just find that very intriguing.  It just comes down to each couple's preference.  :-)

We actually haven't officially started "trying", though we're not preventing and I've had about 7 cycles.  I'll be starting some acupuncture next month to get balanced.  We tend to have a bit of trouble getting and staying pregnant, so I'm prepared for this taking a while.  And so far I'm really cool with that.  I'm a real worry wart by nature and the fact that I found my place of rest and peace during my last pregnancy makes me really confident I can find my place of peace during this historically emotional up and down time of our ttc experience.  I feel like I'm in a much better place, if not physically, then mentally.

And I have to say that my relationship with my husband has also blossomed in awesome ways this last year or so.  I mean, we've never had major problems, but I never knew it could get this much better.  Wow, wonder what it will be like in another 8 years (that's how long we've been married)!!

Isn't it grand?!

So are you going for it too?

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-07-2009 8:37 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

We are! We've been trying since January '09. No stress, it will happen when it happens. Upon charting my cycles I found they're 33 days apart, which is much longer than before. Menstruation returned May '08, we've been using Natural Family Planning...so far, so good Big Smile

I know exactly what you mean about "third wheel syndrome", my poor little Tyler gets left in the dust! Maia has asked for a sister time & time again, however if we did conceive my insntincts say another boy. I would love another girl! Though, I'm a rugged mommy...boy friendly, dirt & all that good stuff. I have decided waiting for the right time to have more children, may never be the right time... we'll run out of time!

I wish you the best, maybe we'll conceive around the same time? I hope my body remembers how to get the job done lol! Our family has been going to the Chiropractor regularly, I would go throughout pregnancy as well. I'm much too squeamish to seek out Acupuncture, if it were offered I wouldnt refuse...I'm intrigued! What does it feel like?

It really is amazing the closeness my dh and I have accomplished, we're like kids together. We play video games, snuggle while watching tv, hold hands everywhere we go. We used to fight nearly every other day and I felt he was too controlling, we both did major growing to hit this point. I cannot even explain the differences to paint an accurate picture, things are 100x better. I find myself staring at him with glossy eyes, grateful we found "us" & cherish his partnership as a husband and father to our children. We just hit the 5 year mark!

Your reply made me remember Dejah & her son Kellen, remember she was pregnant last time MT was up? I hope all is well with them....

• 02-08-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

Do you know how Claudia is?

Where is April?

Mary

• 02-08-2009 5:52 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Yes, I remember Dejah!!  I wondered about Claudia too, and April, and Kimberly (remember, she joined the air force or navy?), worstfriend, allison from Denmark, was it? Mom2B, childrenaretreasures (Kelly with 6 kiddos at the time), MarjorieCavender, GloriaLemay, remember Geekdoc?  Joy who struggled with infertility and then got pregnant.  The forums went down before she was due.  My friend Chamutal who popped in every once in a while.  Oh and what was that young woman's name who was always so encouraging (I think she was from central Michigan), she had a sister-in-law who died suddenly of a heart attack about 2 months postpartum.  She had a sweet little baby boy herself and was trying to relactate for a while after having a surgery and weaning because of it.  Cannot remember her name.  So funny, I remember many stories but forgot the names of the ones WITH the stories.

I do wonder about everyone.

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-08-2009 7:38 PM In reply to

WOW! Good summary of who and what was going on when the old forum went down. I hope all you mention will return!

Mary

• 02-08-2009 7:48 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

The young woman you mention is Christina :) I havent spoken to her in a while, I hope she's doing well! Claudia, I feel so bad I should call her but I always remember at inconvenient times! Claudia's husband wasnt doing well last we spoke, it was such a hard time for her & I didnt know how to console her....I've never gone through anything like that. I totally love Claudia....think I'll call her right now after I write, I'm sure she's awake ;)

I'm really excited for worstfriend to get back on, I adore that girl!!! She was the coolest! Remember April had started a restaurant with her hubby? They're probably super busy! I hope to see Kelly & everyone back soon too!

I hope everyone checks their email accounts Lol!

• 02-08-2009 9:19 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Christina, yes, that was her name.

RobsGirl, 31

• 02-08-2009 9:33 PM In reply to

• azores
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-29-2009
    • West Coast
    • Posts 121

I just got off the phone with Claudia! Her hubby is okay afterall, thank goodness!

Her computer died, so she will get back online asap! She's so excited Big Smile

Page 1 of 7 (103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.