in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

When the Care Isn’t Evidence-Based, and the Provider Doesn’t Listen:...

Last post 11-02-2010 3:29 AM by marlenecpm. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2010 2:56 PM

When the Care Isn’t Evidence-Based, and the Provider Doesn’t Listen:...

...Why Patient Empowerment Matters

There has been a lot of recent discussion about empowered patients, e-patients, and participatory medicine – all shorthand for patients being actively involved in their own medical care and decision-making rather than simply accepting the authority of medical providers who issue recommendations and orders that patients then follow.

Thanx for posting this on here and wish this practice would stop. Theres more harm to this practice then more benefit and etc along those lines.

• 10-08-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: When the Care Isn’t Evidence-Based, and the Provider Doesn’t Listen:...

Jessica, you posted it here, not someone else. ?????

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 10-08-2010 5:18 PM In reply to

Yes because its relvent to these forums no matter what.  Even though it doesn't specific apply to here.

• 10-09-2010 5:08 AM In reply to

However, you posted "Thanx for posting this on here".  Who are you thanking for posting where?  We strongly encourage you to do an original post here and not a copy/paste from another site.  Can you do that for us?

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 10-09-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

Susan,

Now, I see what you were referring to.  Was referring to the blogger whom wrote that particular entry more anything else.  Guess, I totally forgot about this particular of posting here.

• 11-02-2010 3:29 AM In reply to

Huh?!? This thread has me totally baffled.

when the care isn't evidence based & the provider doesn't listen, change providers! Duh! You are paying the HCP, to serve you, not being served? switch servers! What is the problem?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.