in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Ready to apply!

Last post 07-13-2010 12:56 PM by RobsGirl. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2010 10:02 PM

Ready to apply!

Greetings!  My name is Inga, Im 45 yrs of age and living in Seattle.  I am at that point in life where I am done obsessing about what my now-grown daughters will be when they grow up and AM ALL about being what I want to be when I grow up.

I worked as a doula way back at the beginning of the movement and since went on to work in various parts of healthcare, mostly with women health issues.  I came to a point where I would either become a PA or a Midwife.  Midwifery definitely won out.  It is is my calling.

So I first reserached how's and where's in 1992 and now just did another year of the same query. I am clear that I want to go the direct-entry route and am seriously leaning toward an apprentice model of training.  I am ready and able to move anywhere in the country.  ASAP!

So, if anyone has suggestions, referrals, leads, I woud appreciated them so much.  I am on my knees with gratitude that I get to answer this calling.

In sisterhood,

Inga

• 07-13-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

• RobsGirl
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    • Posts 364

Re: Ready to apply!

Congratulation, Inga!!  This is very exciting for you. 

Have you seen this post?

http://community.midwiferytoday.com/forums/t/1256.aspx

RobsGirl, 31
    Wife of one fabulous guy (34)
    Mommy of 3 awesome boys, ages 11, 8, and 4, and a precious 2 year old daughter.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.