in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

French mom in China is looking for a midwife for Homebirth- May 2010

Last post 03-16-2010 12:55 AM by froglegs. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2010 12:55 AM

French mom in China is looking for a midwife for Homebirth- May 2010

I am expecting my second baby mid May and am living in the portuary town of Dalian, China (North East). The maternity care in China is impersonal, archaic and brutal, other foreign moms whove experienced the system first hand refer to the hospitals here as a "baby factories".

I am a firm believer in births as natural and peaceful as possible. And as me and my unborn child are doing great and that there is a hospital 10 minutes away "just in case", I don't see why I shouldn't do a home birth.

I am looking for an experienced midwife who might be interested in travelling to China. I could provide part of the air fee and free accomodation in exchange for a little technical help on D day (which is 15th of May).

Dalian is a booming former colonial city with beaches and natural parks, an hour away by plane from Beijing and Shanghai, and also very close to Japan and South Korea which are accessible either by plane or boat for very reasonable prices.

If you are a dependable yet adventurous person and have experience delivering babies at home or other unconventional settings please contact me : violainefb@gmail.com

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.