in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Artificial Hymens: $38 for "Virginity Protection"

Last post 01-29-2010 5:28 PM by Brlnbabies. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2010 6:04 AM

Artificial Hymens: $38 for "Virginity Protection"

Virginity protected for $38 at China border

"Just bring some cash along and you do not have to worry about losing your virginity. This is the message of those selling artificial hymens in Lang Son Province that neighbors China. The sellers say the product, imported from China, has been available in Vietnam for at least four years." ... http://www.thanhniennews.com/print.php?catid=3&newsid=54640

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 01-29-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

• ZoeysMom
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2009
    • Lincoln, NE
    • Posts 63

Re: Artificial Hymens: $38 for "Virginity Protection"

Oh my...

I'm a bit confused as to how this all would "work", should I even ask? Wink

And is it meant to keep you truly "intact" as a woman, or to replace one that has been lost?

Hehe, I am chucking a little as I write this, but maybe it's no laughing matter when put in cultural perspectives!

Mandi

Mandi
  • 01-29-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

Re: Artificial Hymens: $38 for "Virginity Protection"

At first I thought it was an aftermarket replacement part but then I thought maybe it was a shield.  Either way it's very weird and twisted.

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.