in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Any aspiring Canadian Midwives?

Last post 04-20-2010 5:38 AM by katedelarosa. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2010 7:43 PM In reply to

• mandib
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 4

Re: Any aspiring Canadian Midwives?

that's too bad, thanks for the update. we definitely need another canadian program! last i found out, there were 500 applicants to laurentian university and over 800 to ryerson last year. it seems to be getting tougher and tougher to get into a canadian program.

• 03-08-2010 8:16 AM In reply to

Now I'm kind of depressed...I applied to McMaster this year but have no degree or experience, (aside from having my own 3 children) and it's sounding like there's not a lot of hope for getting in!  I don't really have the resources to pursue an undergrad degree and then another 4 year degree in midwifery, any suggestions on what I can do to enhance my application for next year??

• 03-08-2010 4:50 PM In reply to

• mandib
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 4

i think your best bet is to probably call the program you are applying for and talk to someone there.

• 04-19-2010 11:06 PM In reply to

Hi Katedelarose, Since you are out at UBC, have you heard anything regarding the funding review and the possibility of a program for September. I have applied and have been anxiously waiting to hear if there will even be a program. Jess

• 04-20-2010 5:38 AM In reply to

Hey!

Yes, there is definitely still a program! I have not heard the specifics of the review, except that it went well. I know that they want to expand the program to about 40 students/class but I'm not sure when they'll get the funding to do it. Anyways, there will be a new class so keep the faith + good luck!!

Kate

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.