in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

What's the best way to learn about Homeopathy while going CNM route?

Last post 08-30-2009 8:01 PM by journyingonthepath. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2009 8:33 AM

What's the best way to learn about Homeopathy while going CNM route?

Hello Ladies,

I am planning to become a midwife through the CNM route and have just one more year before entering an RN progam.  I would like to practice in a traditional style including use of herbs but, I need to know the best way to get a great education in homeopathy.  I can not travel at this time but, I can do distance Ed. if not to expensive.  I have already purchased the MT books "tricks of the trade" and found some interesting info in them. 

So, any links or names of programs would be helpful.

Thanks,

Pam

A Woman Journying On The Path To Midwifery
  • 06-27-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

Re: What's the best way to learn about Homeopathy while going CNM route?

Pam,

Thats great to read, but at the same time have no clue what to suggest to you with this.  Besides doing you own learning and research on this. 

Good luck with it and etc.

• 06-29-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

I'm not quite sure what basic education or books you have about homeopathy except for Tricks of the Trade you mentioned above.  Have you seen this classic: Homeopathic Medicines for Pregnancy and Childbirth by Richard Moskowitz, MD?  That's a gem.  I think Lisa Goldstein also has some stuff in the MT store. You can click on "main site" above and then go from there.  I know you can't travel right now, but keep a close eye on the Midwifery Today conferences and workshops that pop up in your area.  There are sometimes webinars offered in homeopathic remedies, too, but I don't believe MT is into those yet. Have you check to see if MT has any conference sessions on homeopathics on tape or cd?

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 07-12-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

Jessica and Brin,

thanks for the info.  I'm going to look for the books mentioned and see what I can find.  Let me know if you come across any other good titles or programs.

Thanks again.

• 07-12-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

journeyonthepath,

Your welcome and it was my pleasure to help you.

• 08-11-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

First, I'd look into http://www.nursehomeopaths.org/  the Homeopathic Nurses Association.

Check out their links page (takes a while to load).

I would also look into the American Holistic Nurses Association.  Holistic Nursing was just recently approved as an official nursing specialty. 

~ Lamaze CBE ~ CNM student ~
  • 08-22-2009 4:51 PM In reply to

Paradoxa,

Thanks for the link.  Sorry it's taken me so long to get a reply back to you.  I'm now back to work/school and have a pretty busy schedule.

• 08-23-2009 8:34 AM In reply to

Here is a link to a good book about pregnancy and homeopathy. The site is homeopathic.com Also, they sell a pregnancy and childbirth kit with the homeopathic remedies.

• 08-30-2009 8:01 PM In reply to

Thank you MamaBird for the link.  I'll check it out.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.