in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

So I attended my first twin birth and first breech birth at the same time...

Last post 07-08-2009 9:40 PM by marlenecpm. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2009 11:07 AM

So I attended my first twin birth and first breech birth at the same time...

just outside my mom's goat barn.  ;)  Two adorable little doelings, both born breech.  My mom helped the first one out and I helped the second one out (after seeing how stunned and wet sounding the first one was, I didn't let the second one sit there quite as long).  Really cute and my three children are totally in love with the goat kids.  :)

I am a CPM in solo home birth practice
  • 05-14-2009 1:14 AM In reply to

Re: So I attended my first twin birth and first breech birth at the same time...

Ain't life wonderful!  We have baby sparrows on the front porch.  I love spring.  In Michigan all is green and lush with the promise of more to come.  Morrels and steak for dinner tomorrow! Yum.

claudia

Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Robert A Heinlein
  • 05-14-2009 8:24 PM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: So I attended my first twin birth and first breech birth at the same time...

How sweet,!!  Would that human breech and twin births were treated so normally.

I envy you guys the distinct seasonal changes, not that I would trade places though!

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 05-21-2009 6:14 AM In reply to

awwww :)

Jesus was born unassisted!
  • 07-08-2009 9:40 PM In reply to

~ "Jesus was born unassisted" ~  ?!?

Possibly, the Bible doesn't say whether or not they had a midwife, but according to the Protogospel of James, a 1st century writer, the Innkeepers daughter was there to midwife. I believe her name was Dorcas, but I could be wrong about the name, I read it long ago.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.