in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Birth Stools and Swelling

Last post 01-10-2013 10:24 AM by NDdoula. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2009 10:19 PM In reply to

Re: Birth Stools and Swelling

Still no takers on my birthing stool.  Would love to get it out of my way.  I want to see it go to a good home!   

claudia

Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Robert A Heinlein
  • 04-30-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

Just sent you an email about wanting to adopt your birthing stool!

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 01-22-2012 7:02 PM In reply to

April,

Would you have a picture or plans for your birth stool?  It sounds exactly what I've been looking for..  All the birth stools on the market right now don't have the back lower than the front!  I am a newly registered midwife in Ontario, Canada.  My husband has agreed to make me a birth stool, but needs at least a picture or better some kind of plan/measurements. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmly,
    Ola

• 01-23-2012 3:23 AM In reply to

I am going to try pasting a photo of the stool here but if that doesn't work, I'll send it to you privately.Smile

Well, neither of those options work for me.  Please email me at wnc baby lady at g mail dot com and I'll attach the photo. Thanks!

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 01-23-2012 4:13 PM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Aloha Ola,

I sent you a private email and photo, but below are the measurements for anyone else interested.  If anyone wants a photo too, email me.

My husband made it from mango (the seat) and guava limbs (the base) that are around our house here in Hawaii but any hardwoods would do.
    It is a toilet type seat on a four legged, 3 brace, base.  I wanted more room underneath to slide a bowl than a tripod design would allow.
    The approximate measurements are:

floor to top of rear center seat 11"
    floor to top of center of each side of seat 12"
    18" from outside to outside each arm at widest point
    15" from outside top center seat  to center (imaginary) of opening in the seat.
    the width of the seat is 3.5" the depth of the seat piece is 1.75" approx.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 01-10-2013 10:24 AM In reply to

This birthing stool sounds ideal.  I am working in Toronto, Ontario, any idea where I might be able to get something like this?  I'm assuming the one you describe is hand made.  Do you have a picture you could send?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.