in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

I might be able to travel for births January to March 2014

Last post 10-17-2013 4:35 AM by ninathebarefootmidwife. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2013 3:47 AM

I might be able to travel for births January to March 2014

Hello, dear ones out there!

I would like to travel to a nice place on this World together with my 4-year-old daughter sometime between January and March 2014 - somewhere where it's warm during that time of the year, maybe even close to the seaside or another possibility to swim, hopefully somewhere where there is some kind of community and my daughter would have playmates.

I could offer my midwifery services (am an experienced homebirth midwife and have also mentored students, so have experience teaching as well), cooking/preparing excellent natural food (some specialities are green smoothies with wild herbs, salads, sourdough bread...), reflexology and other massage and I can sure think of more things I can provide.

So if you are interested to strike some kind of "deal" with me within that time frame, let me know!

Lots of love,

Nina

Nina Rinkes, homebirth midwife

"Life shrinks and expands in relation to one's courage." Anais Nin
  • 07-18-2013 5:22 AM In reply to

Re: I might be able to travel for births January to March 2014

Update: Could possibly even travel from December on.

• 10-17-2013 4:02 AM In reply to

Hi Nina,

I am really thrilled to find your request here! My partner and I are Canadians living in Kathmandu, Nepal, and we are expecting our first child at the beginning of February 2014. In fact, we are in need of a homebirth midwife such as yourself! We are intending a home waterbirth. Do you have experience with waterbirth?

We live in a beautiful three bedroom apartment near the Kapan Monastery in a very big home owned by a kind Sherpa family. If you would like to come with your daughter, you could have your own three bedroom apartment in the Sherpa family next door's home, which is also very nice. The family we live with has fun kids too.

Weather in January and February is not so hot, between 10 and 12 degrees celsius on average. We can eat really well here and live at a relatively high standard for relatively inexpensive. 

Please let us know if you are interested in coming to stay with us in January and February. We would be happy to support you in any way we can and arrange an exchange. We can also send photos of us and where we live via email (I have not been successful uploading photos onto this forum). 

Warm regards,

God & Disha (satyadisharose@gmail.com)

• 10-17-2013 4:35 AM In reply to

Dear God and Disha,

I already took on a client for February, so I am sorry to say that I cannot help you, although I'd love to. But I am in touch with other travelling midwives. Would you like me to share your request with them?

All the very best to you,

Nina

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.