in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Midwife program, working as an RN, and taking care of a 5 year old. Oh dear!

Last post 05-07-2013 1:52 PM by Silvana. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2013 9:08 AM

Midwife program, working as an RN, and taking care of a 5 year old. Oh dear!

Hello!

I was just wondering how managable it would be to do the midwife program (this is the one that i'd be doing: http://nursing.uindy.edu/nursemidwifery.php --it has all of the courses listed), working as an RN -- probably part-time, as well as being a single mother to a 5 year old. I am worried that I will be taking too much on if I try to do all three. Has anyone else had to take on a load like, or similar to this? How hard is the Midwifery program that you took? I am afraid that I will not have enough time for my daughter :( Everyone keeps telling me that going to school to get my Nursing degree (I am currently getting my BSN) will be what's best for her. I just don't want her growing up without her dad AND mommy around because I am too busy with school or working.

Sigh. What to do?

• 05-07-2013 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: Midwife program, working as an RN, and taking care of a 5 year old. Oh dear!

Hello,

I just wanted to tell you that you are already doing incredible going to school and having a 5 year old! I am taking my prerequisites to apply for Nursing School and after that I want to apply for a Midwifery Program. I don't have children yet but I want to have soon... Everybody keeps saying that I should finish Nursing School first but I don't want to wait too long and my body is ready now.

I think you will manage to do all that you have to do, I will be a busy feel years but it will be worth it. I work as a nanny and I think that children enjoy the little things, the special little moments spent together! I spent a lot of time with them and when their parents come home ( at almost dinner time) the boys are so excited to see mom and dad! 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.