in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

advice on perineal tears

Last post 01-10-2013 6:04 AM by Gina Mulheron. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2013 3:01 AM

advice on perineal tears

I am looking for advice on perineal tears following sexual intercourse. One of my clients since the birth of her first baby has suffered from this. Can anyone recommend any treatments and what are the recommendations for labour. Gina UK community midwife.

• 01-09-2013 11:10 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: advice on perineal tears

Gina,

I am assuming she has been checked for all the usual suspects, yeast, infection, std's, previous sexual abuse, pelvic floor integrity, etc.etc.? She'll need to get her yoni in really good shape before her next labor. It sounds, to me, that her yoni tissue is not in optimum health and or she is not lubricating well before penetration, which could be hormonal or emotional response.  Or, sex that is too rough. How was her birth?  Physical and or emotional trauma experienced during birth can create a friable yoni. Is she pregnant now?  Have her hormones been checked?   Good food, kegels, kegels, kegels, hydrate, perineal massage, use  time and and warm oil (almond, olive coconut) for sexual lubrication. How long ago was her first babe?

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 01-10-2013 6:04 AM In reply to

Re: advice on perineal tears: Midwifea: Thanks for your advice, I did not know where to go with this one. I will have her checked for any infections and STDs as recommended. My client is in her early twenties, she had her first baby about 20 months age

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.