in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Gardasil--warnings to mothers of teens

Last post 04-20-2009 1:24 PM by mybodymyself. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2009 1:20 PM

Gardasil--warnings to mothers of teens

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/07/08/couricandco/entry4240888.shtml

The Gardasil advertising campaign keeps going despite horrifying news coverage like this. 

I would think that TV stations would be pulling those ads and not supporting the dispensation

of this toxic vaccine.

http://www.glorialemay.com/blog
  • 02-18-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Gardasil--warnings to mothers of teens

Thanks for sharing, scary stuff.

Mary

• 02-19-2009 5:50 AM In reply to

How sad...

This is all it really comes down to:

"Amanda's dad says, "as the father of three girls, I've had to ask myself why I let my eldest one get an unproven vaccine against a few strains of a nonlethal virus that can be dealt with in many more effective ways. It's not like they are at high risk."

~ Lamaze CBE ~ CNM student ~
  • 02-22-2009 5:28 PM In reply to

This vaccine horrifies me on so many levels.  My FIL had Guillain-Barre syndrome and it's not pretty.  So many young girls suffering from GBS after getting Gardasil makes me want to puke... not to mention all of the other neurological health problems coming up after girls/young women are vaccinated with Gardasil.

I am a CPM in solo home birth practice
  • 02-22-2009 8:22 PM In reply to

Yes,

Sadly $$$$$ makes the world go around.

Mary

• 02-23-2009 1:10 AM In reply to

this vaccine makes me so mad. I simply can't see any sense in it at all. :(

Jesus was born unassisted!
  • 02-24-2009 7:36 AM In reply to

Hey, y'all, check this out:

HPV vaccine does not increase risk for Guillain-Barré syndrome
    Source: 61st American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting; Seattle, Washington, USA: 25 April - 2 May 2009
    Determining the rates and characteristics of Guillain-Barré syndrome after vaccination with human papillomavirus-6/11/16/18 vaccine in the USA.

MedWire News: Study results to be presented at the American Academy of Neurology’s 61st Annual Meeting suggest that the incidence of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) following human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination is comparable to the incidence in the general population. ... Nizar Souayah (University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, USA) found 36 cases  (mean age 17 years) of GBS reported after vaccination with the HPV-6/11/16/18 vaccine in the USA during 2006-2008 after searching through the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

The researchers found the onset of GBS occurred within 6 weeks after vaccination in 75 percent of women. In 60 percent of GBS cases, HPV was the only vaccine received at the time, while the remainder received the vaccine along with others.

“The incidence of post-[HPV-6/11/16/18 vaccine] GBS is approximately seven per million, whereas it is between four and 10 per million in the general population,” say the authors.

“Our results show that Guillain-Barré is not occurring more often after HPV vaccination than it does in the general population,” said Souayah.

However, he cautioned that “the fact that most of these cases occurred within 6 weeks of vaccination does warrant careful monitoring for any additional cases and continued analysis.” [emphasis mine]

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 03-31-2009 6:45 PM In reply to

This was sent today to me today:

"H. has been sick since May of last year. She got the shot on a thursdsay and by sunday couldn't breathe and by monday was having chest pains on top of not being able to breathe. She continued to get worse until the following saturday we ended up in the ER ( again) and they admitted her for pericarditis which is swelling and inflammation and fluid around the heart.the ER doc said it was definitely caused by the vaccine. She stayed for a few days and didn't get any better, in fact when she left she couldn't use one of her hands, was having stomach pains, couldn't eat, she has leg tremors, And  before the shot, H. was running on average, ten miles a day! And now literally had to have help getting to the bathroom.

"this was supposed to be her senior year, she was being recruited by colleges because of her talent in track and cross country and instead has had to withdraw from school because she has missed too many days! She is still ill,can't sleep, she has regained use of her hand but is still extremely weak and fatigued, has muscle aches and pains, severe headaches, light sensitivity, dizziness, no appetite, itching with and without a rash, swelling in her face, arms and legs, still has chest pains and shortness of breath, not all the time, but frequently. i could go on and on!

"The must frustrating thing is that no one knows what to do with her or any of the girls like her. We have tried detoxing her and it seemed to work for a little while, but now even with an adjustment in the dosage, she is continuing to go down hill again.We are still trying to boost her immune system, as her auto immune system is way outta whack.

"I just want my healthy baby back, sometimes its hard to look at her, she is suffering so much.
    "Say No to Gardasil.  Educate before you vaccinate."
    Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 03-31-2009 7:03 PM In reply to

This makes me sick to read this..how heartbreaking for all!

Makes me mad too.

Mary

• 03-31-2009 8:33 PM In reply to

heart breaking Sad

They need to stop giving this to people, and people need to research, never just trust what you hear on the television!

• 04-01-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

Well, she actually felt she went beyond just what she heard on television and trusted her doctor to give her the information she needed.  The thing is, many parents don't know that the docs themselves don't believe that some vaccines can be harmful or they don't feel that there's enough evidence or parents don't know how/where to get more information.  Turning to their doctors whom they've been taught to trust is what they feel is the right thing to do. Unfortunately many parents don't even know they can think about a situation more, question the doctor, or get more information from other sources.

Susan

• 04-01-2009 12:44 PM In reply to

Thanx for sharing this with us and sorry for being late in seeing and replying to this.  I'm with all of you on this.  At the moment don't have anything useful to add to this thread that whats already here.

• 04-01-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

This makes me so angry on so many levels! In all my feminists groups they talk about this vaccine like it was sent from God to save us all or something. So many young women post about how proud they are to have received this vaccine. Makes me so sad that they are marketing it that way.

• 04-01-2009 5:26 PM In reply to

angelamariebee:

This makes me so angry on so many levels! In all my feminists groups they talk about this vaccine like it was sent from God to save us all or something. So many young women post about how proud they are to have received this vaccine. Makes me so sad that they are marketing it that way.

Same here, but at the same time still torn.  Its hard to explain why I'm still torn on this.

• 04-20-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

This is from one of the responses to the same thread that I started on another forum that I belong to.  Don't worry I omited the names of course.

But I was shocked to hear my doc tell me that his daughters were vaxed with this as soon as it became available.

The nerve of your doctor for doing this to his daughters. If was you or anyone else for that matter that has that kind of doctor that you have. Get a new doctor ASAP because I feel that they are in it for the money or something else along those lines. Then protectin to patients or families or friends. Maybe report him to the appropriate authorities as well. Doubt it will do any good, but its worth the shot in my eyes.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.