in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

twin waterbirth

Last post 04-17-2013 12:27 AM by Mum2singletonandtwinboys. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2012 1:04 PM

twin waterbirth

Just had my 1st twin waterbirth. Well it was the moms 5th birth w me, & the last one had been a waterbirth, so she wanted another, naturally. SHe had a beatiful waterbirth with the 1st baby, a 7lb girl, who came out sunnyside up!  But then she started to bleed between babies, so I thought it would be a good idea to get her out so we could track the bleeding more precisely. About the same time she announced it "didn't feel right in the tub anymore" so she got on her side on the bed & out came 8 lb 5 oz brother, 1 .5 hrs after his sister. EBL was only about 3 cups, not bad for twins. The fused placenta with two sacks was amazing!  While I knew some bleeding was possible between twins, I had never seen that happen, & didn't give it much thought. Now that I look back, I wonder: How common is it? When do you worry?

• 10-08-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: twin waterbirth

congratulations Marlene! I guess you would worry when there is compromise of mama and or babe or it's beyond normal immediate pp loss.  What do you estimate loss at between babes?  Did you give any herbal therapy in between births?

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 11-20-2012 7:54 PM In reply to

it was hard to tell,in the water, which is why we got her out. Not a whole lot. maybe 1/4 to 3/4 cup? No tx needed or given, except to get her out of the water. just wondering if I had been too cautious? Does it ever happen that one placenta separates & comes out before the second twin?

• 01-12-2013 9:53 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

I have heard of that but personally I haven't seen it.  Anyone?

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 03-29-2013 8:40 AM In reply to

Yes, I attended one last year, in fact I have sent the beautiful pics to Jan already. Only the 1st baby was born in the water though, she got out of the tub for the 2nd.
    Also, another former client choose to birth her twins in the hosp, in Dayton, She had both hers in the birth pool.

• 04-17-2013 12:27 AM In reply to

Did the Mums have to be monitorred the whole time? If so, how was this done in the water?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.