in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Midwives willing to travel

Last post 06-21-2012 3:10 PM by Louise. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2012 1:56 PM

Midwives willing to travel

Hello All,

I have seen a few different threads where there are families looking for traveling midwives or vice versa and I wanted to hopefully put a thread together that would allow midwives to post their interest and willingness to travel for births so that families looking could find us easier. It seems as though there have been families who have searched and not found anyone which is quite tragic in my opinion.

I for one am an internationally trained midwife, now with a small home birth practice in Minnesota, USA and I have the flexibility to travel overseas to help families who want a home birth. My website is listed below with my signature, please go there for more information about me and how to contact me outside of this forum.

Blessings,

Jenny

Jenny Hall, CPM, LM
    www.newbirthmidwifery.com
  • 05-15-2012 8:19 AM In reply to

• Rose
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-15-2012
    • Posts 2

Re: Midwives willing to travel

Hello All-

My name is Rose and I am a midwife working with a non-profit maternity center in the Philippines that provides care for the women here with no cost to the patient. I recently traveled to Egypt to attend a birth for a family living there. I love this thread and the idea of traveling midwifery for those in need of a gentle women centered birth. 

• 06-21-2012 3:10 PM In reply to

• Louise
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-18-2012
    • Posts 1

Re: Midwives willing to travel

Hello to all...Just thought I'd add my name to this list as a midwife who is willing to travel and attend births abroad. I am a CPM based on the east coast of Canada and have been practising (primarily homebirths) for more than two decades now.If you are interested, please contact me at : scotiamidwife@yahoo.com .Thanks!

Louise

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.