in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Finding a job in Asheville while attending trainings and doula births?

Last post 01-20-2012 5:26 AM by Brlnbabies. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2012 2:40 PM

Finding a job in Asheville while attending trainings and doula births?

Hello beautiful sisters,

I am a new member of the Asheville NC birth community.  I am here to attend a 6 month Midwifery Immersion Program through the Matrona.  I'm also moving toward certification as a doula while Im here, with one birth lined up already!  I just landed in town and am getting my bearings. 

i would LOVE and so greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you might have on jobs that correspond well with class and being on call for doula work.  Also, is there a MT forum specific to the Asheville area?

Any guidance will be so much appreciated. 

Thanks and Blessings

Madison

Filed under: ,
  • 01-20-2012 5:26 AM In reply to

Re: Finding a job in Asheville while attending trainings and doula births?

Welcome not only to the MT forums, but to our wonderful Asheville/WNC community!  I live in Fairview.  WNC has a vibrant birthing community.  I'd suggest you start going to the midwifery meetings and other birthy things going on in Asheville.  Tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 21) there is a talk at Firestorm.  You probably already know about that since you're in Whapio's school.  There are also doula meetings, etc.  Please feel free to shoot me an email at wnc baby lady at gmail dot com and we can chat.  Again, welcome to Asheville! Yes

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.