in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Mercy in Action Midwifery School?

Last post 01-12-2012 12:44 PM by kimberlyjdaly. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2011 7:15 PM

Mercy in Action Midwifery School?

Has anyone had any experience with Mercy in Action Midwifery School?  I'm a home birth midwife and my assistant is looking into becoming a CPM through this school.  She makes it sound too good to be true.  Anyone have any experience with this distance education school?

• 12-26-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

Re: Mercy in Action Midwifery School?

I am finishing up module one right now in this program.   I would describe it as "guided self study."   I know one person who is about to finish up with the program and she feels very prepared from the course and her apprenticeship.

Basically you research the subjects/questions provided in each module, make index cards of vocabulary words and then take a quiz after each one.    I don't have much experience with it yet, but it seems like a good option for someone doing self study, but needing guidance along the way.

Kim

• 01-12-2012 12:16 PM In reply to

@Kimberly,

I have emailed the creator of the school with some questions and the first time she wrote me back she kind of skirted over the issues I asked about, and when I wrote her again and asked if she could help me I never heard back from her.

I know that she is a very busy women, but it's been over a month now since I wrote her.... I guess what I'm wondering is what has your communication with the school been like?

Thanks

• 01-12-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

My first correspondence took several days I think.   I really don't view it as a "school"....more of a way to help me study effectively on my own.   We are not paying a lot of money for what we are getting (18 modules and grading on each one), so for me as long as I get my modules in a timely manner after I pay for them then I am happy.   If you want to email me with any questions you have maybe I can possibly help??   You might also try emailing her back one more time.   I know it can be frustrating when you are ready to get started and then have to wait for replies and answers.

But, in general, she has been very nice to deal with and has gotten me my modules quickly after I pay for the.   I just emailed my first module and book report and am now waiting to get it back, but she let me begin my 2nd one while I wait.

You can email me if you have any more quesitons:   kimberlyjdaly@yahoo.com

HTH!

Kim

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.