in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Midwife looking to live and work overseas

Last post 03-15-2012 12:45 PM by midwifejenny. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2011 4:56 PM

Midwife looking to live and work overseas

Hello!

I am a midwife from Canada and my partner and I are researching opportunities to live and work overseas for 1-2 years starting Sept 2012.   He is a teacher and is hoping to get a job at an international school.

Our travel plans are wide open right now in terms of where we go.  Ideally I would like to work as a midwife whie overseas, however I'm also open to other midwifery-related opportunities (teaching, health outreach etc).  From speaking to some people and from my own travels, it seems that there is quite a variation in midwives' ability to practice from country to country.  

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had positive experiences working overseas and any insight into organizations, NGOs, or people to contact in our search!

Thanks!

Christine

• 03-15-2012 12:45 PM In reply to

Re: Midwife looking to live and work overseas

Hi Christine,

A wonderful opportunity you should look into (and honestly I would be jealous if you ended up there since I want to go so badly) is in Tanzania. They have just opened a rural hospital reaching people who previously had little to no access to healthcare and now have a birthing center attached as well and NEED midwives along with teachers and many other professionals as well. Check out their website at: www.teamworkcityofhope.com

The lady to contact is Joi and her email is: jjaasma@gmail.com

Jenny

Jenny Hall, CPM, LM
    www.newbirthmidwifery.com
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.