in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

A&P Courses Online

Last post 12-14-2011 4:38 PM by molecularmolly. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2011 5:45 PM

A&P Courses Online

Hello!

My name is Molly and I am looking to begin my midwifery education SOON :). I began studying to be a doula with Birth Arts International this past summer, and currently attend college full time.

Now on to my question :).

Any recomendations on which online A&P course to take? Is one perfered by schools/preceptors? Anyone had a good/bad experience with a program?

Also, how do you get neonatal resuscitation training? (I tried googling it, and no in person options showed up?)

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Molly

A persons a person no matter how small
    -Dr.Suess

www.adoringdoula.com
  • 12-01-2011 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: A&P Courses Online

Hi Molly,

I took an A&P course online through Corexcel a few years ago and it worked out fine for me. Someone recommended it to me and I haven't heard of any others. If you're still looking for one, here's a link to the website: 

http://www.corexcel.com/html/clinical.medical.scientific.htm

I received my neonatal resuscitaiton training at The Farm in Tennessee, but I noticed on your bio that you're from Washington. If you happen to be in Seattle then you can get your NRP training at Seattle Children's Hospital. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/healthcare-professionals/education/nrp/

If not, try checking out your local hospitals or ask midwives in your area for recommendations.

Good luck and God bless you as you begin your journey :)

Chelsea

"Above all, I wanted to implant the secret of love in your hearts. I hoped to teach you to be brothers to all living things, and to become so full of love that you will not fear even sorrow and death and receive them like brothers and sisters as they come to you."
    --Hermann Hesse, 'Peter Camenzind'
  • 12-13-2011 8:04 PM In reply to

pennfoster online has a great A&P class... I would check with your future midwifery program before enrolling! I didnt and now have quite a bit of money invested, when I shouldve waited!! Ahhh! Oh well....

• 12-13-2011 11:02 PM In reply to

• afritt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-14-2011
    • Posts 2

Who are you going through for midwifery training?  I just started at Midwives College of Utah in the fall and they have all you need for it.  It's a correspondence school and by the time you are done you have all the stuff you need for your CPM. 

• 12-14-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

I'm not sure where I'm planning on going. I am still working on completing my B.S. and the school I'm at only offers A&P during the summer (when tuition is double). I may be taking The Matrona's quantum midwifery intensive this coming fall, and I'm getting my First Aid/AED/CPR certification this weekend! Yahoo! :)

A persons a person no matter how small
    -Dr.Suess

www.adoringdoula.com
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.