in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Spammers

Last post 09-17-2011 5:01 AM by Brlnbabies. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2011 7:17 AM

Spammers

Ok, in the spirit of reviving the board..........everytime I log on and check out who may be online, the user names are usually not anyone I am familiar with but have what are clearly spammer usernames.....Right now, I am browsing the forums with users like "bestweightlossprogram" and "getabiggerpenis" and "makemoneyfromhome"......can someone perhaps sift through the users and remove them?

TIA!

• 09-15-2011 9:42 AM In reply to

• midwifea
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • Kailua Kona, HI
    • Posts 475

Re: Spammers

I know Colleen, it is so discouraging to see these guys on ours boards.  Susan and I delete any spam posts as fast as we can and our tech guy does a cleaning every quarter to remove  members but they get crafty and sneaky. We have some systems in place to prevent the massive hacking we took about 4 years ago but without enormous resources this is what we have at the moment.  Unfortunately it comes down to money.  Deleting members is not a privilege Susan and I have.. We can and do ask that someone be deleted a.s.a.p but signing up and being on the forum is not an offense, they have to go one step further and actually break forum rules by posting inappropriate material.

Blessings,
    April

"The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
    That whispers all day long,
    "I feel this is right for me,
    I know that this is wrong."
    No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
    Or wise man can decide
    What's right for you--just listen to
    The voice that speaks inside."
    — Shel Silverstein
  • 09-16-2011 4:09 AM In reply to

You mean "getbiggerpenis" isn't legit?  Stick out tongue

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 09-16-2011 7:31 AM In reply to

LMAO, Susan!

As long as GetABiggerPenis doesn't comment on a post about perineal stretchiness, I'm good!

• 09-17-2011 5:01 AM In reply to

Yes

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.