in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

Fertility - Octuplets and Counting... Exploitation?

Last post 02-22-2009 6:31 PM by mybodymyself. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2009 4:54 PM

Fertility - Octuplets and Counting... Exploitation?

Found this entry on one of the sites that I have bookmarked.  In Our Own Words:  Medscape Nurses and you need to register in order to access it.  Don't worry its free.

Fertility Innovation or Exploitation is the title of a recent Washington Post article. It raises quite a few ethical concerns about the recent births of the octuplets in LA. When first reported, it seemed like a miraculous story. However, now newspapers are afire with questions about the ethics of fertility. Last night on Larry King Live it was reported that the mother was now seeking financial aid if she sold her story to the highest bidder

Heres my responses to the poll on the entry and commenting after words.

In my eyes see it both innovation to exploitation because it goes both ways

Thanx for posting this kind of entry. I'm with what the other responder to a certain point. US should look to another countries on how they regulate their systems with this and etc.

Thats it for now.

• 02-09-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

Re: Fertility - Octuplets and Counting... Exploitation?

WOW about the responses that follow my 1st response here. Dittoing most of the other responses here. I'm worried on the social services part of it. I feel that they will help in an way and of course to what extent.

• 02-10-2009 9:12 PM In reply to

Did anyone else besides me watched Dateline, tonight?  Basically, the episode was all about her, them, and etc.  It was very very very interesting.  Still torn on this.

• 02-22-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

she wants to profit from the birth of her children... ugh.... its all about money these days.............Indifferent

A womans heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek him in order to find her.
    ~Unknown
  • 02-22-2009 6:31 PM In reply to

christina381:

she wants to profit from the birth of her children... ugh.... its all about money these days.............Indifferent

Christina,

I'm with you on what you said.  Have nothing else to add to your response at the moment.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.