in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Video: Feeling affects of Climate Change

Last post 05-20-2011 9:14 PM by mybodymyself. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2011 9:14 PM

Video: Feeling affects of Climate Change

This is from a piece that I just saw on PBS (Public Broadcasting System) newsweekly Need to Know. Passing it on to you guys because I found this is very important issue to me. Even though I'm have no clue what to suggest besides whats been suggested already.

From allergies to deadly disease, feeling the effects of climate change

A rare but deadly fungal disease once occurring only in tropical climates has recently led to several deaths in the Pacific Northwest. Scientists believe that climate change may be to blame.

When doctors discovered that Trudy Rosler, a Canadian, had a fungus growing in her brain system, they were stumped. The fungus was previously only known to exist in the tropics. But because of climate change, it’s infecting people much farther north. Here in the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is already treating climate change as a serious health threat. Need to Know’s medical correspondent Dr. Emily Senay examines how a warming climate is already affecting our health, from making allergies worse to affecting the spread of infectious diseases and pushing the extremes of killer weather.
    As for my parents and me we kinda feel the affects because we suffered from seasonal allergies. Which this year is the worst ever for us.

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.