in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Hello! I'm new here :)

Last post 04-20-2011 5:09 PM by Aubre. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2011 3:52 PM

Hello! I'm new here :)

Hi everyone,

I just joined the community online today and I'm thrilled to be making my introduction and joining in the discussions.

I have been accepting into the Birthwise Midwifery School program in Maine and I start classes later this summer.  I've been on the path to becoming a midwife since 2004 and certainly have felt that it is my calling.  I've been working as a doula, childbirth educator, prenatal yoga instructor, and had such a difficult time choosing between the CPM and CNM routes that it has taken me this whole time (7 years?!) to finally commit to my midwifery schooling.  Once I made the decision to trust my gut and go the CPM route, everything has been aligning and I really feel great about this path!  No more perfectionism leading to indecision and stagnation for me! I look forward to being a part of the midwifery community as a student midwife and I have so much gratitute for this community already.  I've been lurking here a bit now and then over the years and it was Paths to Becoming a Midwife that I finally broke down and got (as per suggestion by many of you on here!), and I am so grateful I did!

Thanks for reading, and nice to meet you!

Warmly,

Ashley

Ashley Grace
    Certified Doula (CBI)
    Certified Childbirth Educator (CBI)
    Certified Yoga Teacher and Prenatal Yoga Instructor
    Certified Hypnotic-Coach
    Student midwife-- Birthwise class of 2014
  • 04-15-2011 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Hello! I'm new here :)

Ashley,

Welcome to MTF (Midwifery Today Forums) and nice to meet you.  Good for you for taking your time with this process and etc.  Good luck with the rest of it.

• 04-20-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

• Aubre
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2009
    • Posts 75

Re: Hello! I'm new here :)

Welcome and Blessings to you as you start this phase of your journey.

Aubre Tompkins, CNM
    Wishing you Shade and Sweetwater
    http://www.midwifeyearone.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.