in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Australia

Looking for an apprentice

Last post 11-19-2010 3:54 PM by JenniferCPM. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2010 7:43 PM

Looking for an apprentice

Hi!  I am a CPM in the midwest.  I am looking for someone who wants to come here for two years or so to get the clinical skills necessary to complete her CPM PEP process.  I serve both Amish and non-Amish clients.  My practice is diverse and interesting.  Please contact me for more information.  Thanks! <birthroot1@aol.com>

Jennifer Williams, CPM

• 11-18-2010 10:08 AM In reply to

• eirinn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-18-2010
    • Posts 1

Re: Looking for an apprentice

hello jennifer!

i was excited to find your post and would love to know more about your practice.  i currently live in rural northeastern minnesota a few hundred miles from the nearest practicing midwife.  i believe very strongly in the ability and right of women to birth at home and currently share my homespace with a friend who gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy in her log home two years ago unattended by a midwife simply because there were no midwives willing to travel to our area.  i am a trained doula and will be embarking on a two-month intensive apprenticeship with a midwife in texas this winter in order to 'get my feet wet' after which i hope to return to the midwest for further training.  i am looking to apprentice over the next few years with a rural homebirth midwife and am open and flexible with regard to time and place.  i am accustomed to rural life and home health care and would love to hear more about what you are looking for in an apprentice.

thanks much and be well,

eirinn

• 11-18-2010 11:35 AM In reply to

eirinn, you may also want to contact Jennifer at the email address she provided.  She may get the message quicker. Just a thought. Yes

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 11-18-2010 11:36 AM In reply to

Hi Eirinn, email me privately (birthroot1@aol.com) and I would be glad to talk to you about my practice.

• 11-19-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

Hi Jennifer,

I am a doula and I am looking at making the step towards becoming a midwife. I already have a school in mind, but I was wondering how and where you do your apprenticship program? If you could send me some more details about your business and if you are still looking for an apprentice.

Sarah

• 11-19-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Hi Sarah, ypu can email me at birthroot1@aol.com and I can give you more information.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.