in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Union Hospital getting rid of midwives

Last post 09-01-2010 6:05 PM by MotherNurtured. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2010 7:57 AM

Here is an article from our local paper... there is a petition link in the article. Please sign to save our midwives:

Please read and share this article so that Union hospital will maybe change their minds or there can be other local doctors or hospital that will hire and sponsor them.

Union Hospital just spent 100's of millions of dollars on a huge new building. And now they cite economic conditions as the reason to cut this type of patient care... Absurd!

Thank you.

• 08-16-2010 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: Union Hospital getting rid of midwives

Sorry to be so skeptical, but we get spammed here sometimes so I'm wary of clicking on the link provided.  Can you tell us where Union Hospital is? Thank you!

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 08-16-2010 12:37 PM In reply to

The Hospital is in terre haute, Indiana. The local paper Tribune-Star did a story on it yesterday

here is the actual link instead of embedding it:

http://tribstar.com/news/x1316176442/Union-Hospital-ending-midwife-nurse-services

This really is a shame as this is a large enough community to support such a large hospital expansion but not for them to keep these services.

• 09-01-2010 6:05 PM In reply to

I am so very sorry to hear this... :(

I am a CPM in solo home birth practice
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.