in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Vitamin/s

Last post 02-13-2010 9:31 AM by mybodymyself. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2010 1:25 PM

Vitamin/s

This isn't the 1st time that I have switched vitamins.

Have been thinking about switching from prenatal vitamin to another multi vitamin. Prefer takin multi that has everything that I need. To takin multi with combo of others as well. At the same time unsure if I will mention this to my OB/GYN whom I see next mo for yearly exam and etc. At the same time unsure if I'm mention this to my primary care doctor as well. Also, it will be my 1st time or 2nd time (02/2005) that I have seen it. My yearly exam for that doctor will be in June. By the way my mom is an register nurse as well.

Switched from prenatal to women since from what I read that prenatal vitamins aren't good for me at the moment. Stuck to the same brand as prenatal vitamins are from and also where my mom buys hers/ours as well.

Got the right (women's) vitamins, today. Have to say womens looks pretty much the same as prenatals, but much smaller and etc.

• 02-08-2010 7:08 AM In reply to

Re: Vitamin/s

The body needs a minimum amount of vitanins each day to remain healthy and function properly. A balanced diet normally supplies sufficient vitamins. However, serious disorders can still develop if the diet does not meet your body's needs.

"Love is beyond the limit"
    Filed under:
  • 02-10-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

For me, it is always risky to change or use any medicine or vitamin without the proper consent of your physician.

One must take his/her physician in-tact while taking or changing vitamins.

Thanks.

• 02-12-2010 7:58 PM In reply to

Jessica, why would you take a prenatal when you don't need a prenatal?

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 02-13-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

Basically, what I read was updated.  Saying its not worth it in the long run.  As for me found it wasn't worth it at th moment.  Rest is in the intro.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.