in

Midwifery Today Community

A home for friends of birth
Attend the Midwifery Today conference in Harrisburg

Christmas Miracle? NOT

Last post 01-06-2010 12:58 PM by marlenecpm. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2010 7:20 AM

Christmas Miracle? NOT

Have you heard about the "Christmas Miracle" in Colorado?  How uplifting!  Mom & baby died suddenly and were brought back to life by the quick response of the medical team!  Or was it something else?  Maybe a tragic complication of the unnecessary epidural for the unnecessary induction? The doctors involved could find no reason why she died.   Read Henci Goer's take on this:  http://www.scienceandsensibility.org

• 01-03-2010 11:04 AM In reply to

Re: Christmas Miracle? NOT

The first time I heard the word "epidural" used in connection with this story was when the family and the surgeon were interviewed on "Good Morning, America".  I didn't hear anything about an induction, however.  The mother said on camera that this was her 3rd birth and her first epidural. I couldn't believe the spin the surgeon put on the birth--that the baby was responsible and referred to as a "blockage"!  Can you imagine putting all that on a baby?  I have been waiting to see if the papers and other media would pick up on the side effects of epidural anesthesia, but so far the only thing they're reporting on is "the blockage".

Susan

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. --E.B. White
  • 01-06-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Christmas Miracle? NOT

Another case of Munchhousen-by-proxy obstetrics! yay team!  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Subscribe to Midwifery Today magazine
Contact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyAbout Us
© 2014 Midwifery Today, Inc.